All good make-up starts with a cleaness canvas which is called skin.
Make-up will never settle also on dry, flaky, dull, uneven and imperfect skin as it does on skin that is smooth, clear, dewy and sparkling.
It’s important to pay attention to your skin’s seasonal needs and adjust accordingly!
Here is the 8 tips about how to keep your skin happy in the colder months.
If cold weather is a trigger for your skin conditions, then you should start with more moisturizing.
- Moisturizing. You never forget that winter air is drier and humidity is lower. So we need more hydration. Both inside and outside. Drinking water is the most effective moisturizer ever. We all need to drink 3 liters water during a day. And you should pick a moisturizer cream which is suitable for your skin type for the winter. The moisturizer you use in summer may not be enough in winter. You’ll use this cream both in the mornings after waking up and at nights before sleeping
. Alwaysremove your makeup. The skin has its own flora. We need to protect this flora from wrong cleansers. First, use an oil cleanser and follow with a skin-type cleanser. Especially, cream cleansers are gentler on dry skin and have moisture built right in!
- Do you really need to SPF every day in winter? Yes! But a moisturizer with SPF should do the trick since it will also protect against seasonal skin issues like dryness and flaking.
- Protect lips from ‘lick eczema’. There are highly effective balms that instantly soothes and moisturizes dry and cracked lips, as well as the perioral area around the lips.
- Tonic. After cleansing, apply a few drops to a cotton wool pad to help resurface your skin, remove dead cells, reduce fine lines and spot scarring.
;Dermapen. If you think moisturizer is not enough for you, this time just try the same product or a product containing Hyaluronic acid, after dermapen.
- Exfoliate. Exfoliation is a skin-care technique where you remove dead cells from the top layer of your skin. There are acids you can use such as Glycolic acid, Salicylic acid, Lactic acid.
- Avoid hot water. High temp water can wash away the natural oils on your skin, making it dry out considerably more.
Baby, it’s cold outside. Let’s take good care of our skin.